You can return your order up to 14 days after the day on which you receive your goods (with the exception of bespoke made to order items).
In the unlikely event that any product arrives to you damaged; there is a discrepancy in the order or there is a manufacturing defect, you must provide full photographic evidence of said damage/defect.
In the event one of our products is faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first before requesting a refund as we may be able to resolve your problem to your satisfaction.
The process for cancelling and returning your order is as follows: you must inform us by phone or in writing, providing your name, address, telephone number, email address and complete details of your order. Our contact details are as follows: Cheshire Teak Co, St. James Business Centre, Wilderspool Causeway, Warrington, Cheshire, WA4 6PS. Tel: 01925 419 958.
We can only accept returns/cancellations from the original purchaser and cardholder.
To meet the deadline, please contact us immediately upon receipt of your order. It is imperative that you send your communication advising that you wish to exercise your right to return before the cancellation period has expired. Please note though that you will have to provide proof of delivery. You cannot cancel your order if the goods are bespoke (ie made to order) or personalised in any way.
You must return all items in their original packing. We cannot accept returns which are returned to us in alternative or damaged packaging.
If you have exercised the option where we have removed the packing upon delivery, please notify us and we will send replacement packaging with the courier. Any repacking by the courier will be at your expense.
As covered and explained in our warranty, you will not be able to return items because of the following:
- Improper assembly by you
- Modifications after purchase
- Colour change is normal and expected with our grade of teak; expect your furniture to change from a honey colour to silvery grey over time due to natural weathering. This is a result of oils in the wood mixing with moisture in the air.
- Intentional damage, accidents, misuse, abuse, or negligence
- Damage caused by pressure washer or hosepipe use.
- Discolouration or deterioration caused by the application of teak oil or other treatments
- Damage that is not wear and tear from reasonable private residential use, which includes dents, scratches, stains, tears to fabric, etc.
- Normal deterioration and weathering of the timber caused by exposure to an outdoor environment, which includes small cracks (end-grain checking) in wood, colour change over time, blemishes on brass or stainless steel, etc.
You cannot cancel your order if the goods have become inseparably mixed with other items after delivery. For example, if you treat the goods with any teak oil or a teak care product, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods and you will not be able to cancel/return the order.
We may take a reimbursement for loss in value of any goods returned to us from when they were initially sent to you.
If you choose to return your order, we will reimburse all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive standard delivery offered by us).
You will have to bear the cost of returning the goods. Please make sure you insure the goods and retain proof of despatch which might be required by us in order to process a refund.
For larger items, in mainland England and Wales, we can arrange to collect the items from the delivery address. The costs will be:
- £45 For order values £50 – £199.99
- £90 For order values £200 – £499.99
- £150 For order values over £500.00
Please note we cannot accept returns at our head office.
We will make the reimbursement to the account provided no later than:
- 14 calendar days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied or (if earlier)
- 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction. We will withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back.
CANCELLATION BY US
We reserve the right not to process your order if the following occurs:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have requested
- We do not deliver to your area
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
- Your payment does not clear successfully.
If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible (please allow up to 14 days).