Cheshire Teak Co. Warranty
Cheshire Teak guarantees its products for a period of 3 years from the date of delivery. We confirm that our products are fit for their intended purpose and are free from manufacturing faults or defects. ‘Defects’, as used in this warranty, are defined as imperfections in material or workmanship that will impair the use of the furniture or product.
The warranty is not transferable and is limited to repair or replacement at Cheshire Teak’s discretion.
Please note we go to great lengths to ensure all products sold by Cheshire Teak are of the highest quality when they are delivered. Imperfections do not mean fair wear and tear as a result of normal domestic use, nor do they mean changes in colour. The aforementioned will not affect the overall durability or lifespan of the product and is considered normal.
Colour change is normal and expected with our grade of teak; expect your furniture to change from a honey colour to silvery grey over time due to natural weathering. This is a result of natural oils in the wood mixing with moisture in the air.
Folding chairs, accessories and fixings may need to be adjusted or tightened each year.
Please note we cannot be liable for defects with products in the event of:
- Improper assembly by you
- Modifications after purchase
- Intentional damage, accidents, misuse, abuse, or negligence
- Damage caused by pressure washer or hosepipe use.
- Discolouration or deterioration caused by the application of teak oil or other treatments
- Damage that is not wear and tear from reasonable private residential use, which includes dents, scratches, stains, tears to fabric, etc.
- Normal deterioration and weathering of the timber caused by exposure to an outdoor environment, which includes small cracks (end-grain checking) in wood, colour change over time, blemishes on brass or stainless steel, etc.
Wood ‘checking’ is a natural process which is expected in hardwood, this will not affect the structural integrity of your furniture.
Roughness or surface abrasions which occur over time are not covered by our warranty.
Any spillages should be cleaned up immediately with a damp cloth to avoid food/drink staining. Cheshire Teak accepts no liability or responsibility for the application of any sealant/oil.
Under this warranty, we are unable to exchange goods that have been treated, painted or modified in any way, or bespoke made to order items.
In the event you do wish to make a claim as you believe there is a genuine fault or manufacturing defect, please email or call us. You will need to provide detail on the exact issue, clear images of the damage together with your full order details. (See Cheshire Teak Co’s returns policy).
We will endeavour to acknowledge your email within two working days and will try to resolve your issue as quickly and effectively as possible.
Your statutory rights are not affected.